Welcome to St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church
This week's service:
Saturday (Service in English)
+ Guidelines for deaconship service in the church from 6:00 - 6:30 pm
+ Offering of Evening incense from 6:30 - 7:15 pm
+ English Bible Study from 7:15 - 8:00 pm (The Book of Nehemiah)
+ Children Hymn class during the Bible Study from 7:15 - 8:00 pm
+ Midnight Prayers from 8:00 pm - 8:30 pm
+ Midnight Praises and confessions from 8:30 - 10:00 pm
Sunday (Service in English)
+ Divine Liturgy from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (By registration only)
+ Sunday School 12:30 pm - 1:15 pm
Note: You need to sign up to attend the Divine Liturgy
Monday (Coptic Language and Hymn Class) - Using Zoom
+ From 8:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Tuesday English Bible Study - Using Zoom
+ (The Book of Revelation) From 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Thursday Arabic Bible Study - Using Zoom
+ (The Book of Nehemiah) From 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
St. Mary Coptic Orthodox Church - Knoxville
Meeting ID: 890 712 4630
Due to the increase in the COVID 19 cases in Knoxville, the church has added a few new rules for attendance.
The rules of attendance:
1) Sign up for the Divine Liturgy you want to attend using the following link:
Note: the date of the Divine Liturgy will be automatically removed if the number of the attendance has been full.
2) There will be a checkpoint at the door for those entering the church with a person in charge. A simple questionnaire will be there to ask the attendees if they are experiencing any signs of illnesses or if they came in contact with anyone with Covid-19. The temperature will be checked for those entering, and they will be requested to wear a facemask throughout the service.
3) To keep physical distancing measures, the number in attendance will be limited to 24 members including the deacons from St. Mary’s Church – Knoxville congregation and the UTK students.
4) The Sunday Liturgy will be open to sign-up one week before the Liturgy date.
Note: The first two days will be designated for the families and the Sunday school servants to sign up; everyone else may sign up afterward.
5) If there is a need, another Divine Liturgy will be added during the same week for those who were not able to sign up, so it is important to contact the Church father if you would like to attend but cannot find a spot.
Note: The first two days to sign up will be designated for the singles, anyone else may sign up afterward.
6) All the church benches are marked with numbers. Please sit behind any unoccupied number.
7) If anyone is sick or has any symptoms, a fever, for example, he/she needs to stay home.
8) If a Medical or Public Health Professional instructs you to Isolate/Quarantine, you need to stay home.
9) Just for the sake of social responsibility, if anyone has been in close contact with another who has tested positive for COVID-19, they must self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and be without any symptoms prior to attending any church services.
10) Hand sanitizer is available in the church, please keep your hands always clean by following proper hand washing.
11) The Sunday Divine Liturgy will start at 9:00 am and the church door will be closed at 9:30 am, so please come on time.
12) The church door will be kept closed all the time.
13) If you arrive late or not on your scheduled day, please do not knock on the church door during the prayers.
14) Please avoid going out and in during the prayer.
15) No Agape meal after the liturgy.
16) Everyone needs to follow the CDC instructions.
17) If you have any comments, please contact the Church father directly.
These rules are to ensure your safety; if we work together and follow these guidelines we can successfully resume our services in a cautious manner.